Re: [TeXmacs] How to make the title italic

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Peter Pan <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to make the title italic
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 21:24:15 +0100

Dear All,

When I update my Bibliography, all the reference are showed which is good, but the names of the title are not italic, I don't why is that, anyone can figure out?

Please help me out.

Thanks.

As far as I can remember, how bibliographic entries are printed is something which is completely processed
by BibTeX, not by TeXmacs. I'm not a BibTeX hacker, so I can't elaborate very much on details, but I seems
to me that you can very easily change the BibTeX style (which defines the pretty pretting of the entries, how
much authors are allowed for a paper, etc.) just by changing a parameter in your markup. For example, in the
following markup fragment :
[[
<bibliography|bib|alpha|my-bibfile.bib|
<bibitem*|...>
<bibitem*|...>>
]]

you have two important parameters : 'my-bibfile.bib' is the name of your bibfile, and 'alpha' is the name of the
style that will be used by the bibtex command. Those parameters can be seen in the .aux file that is generated
when TeXmacs runs BibTeX. The last used .aux file can usually be found in ~/.TeXmacs/system/bib/temp.aux,
and looks like something like this :
[[
\bibstyle{alpha}
\citation{...}
\citation{...}
\bibdata{...}
]]

Another interesting file is (I'm just discovering those when writing this e-mail :-) the ~/.TeXmacs/system/bib/temp.blg,
which contains the output of the last bibtex command performed by TeXmacs. It looks like that :
[[
This is BibTeX, Version 0.99c (Web2C 7.4.5)
The top-level auxiliary file: temp.aux
The style file: alpha.bst
Database file #1: my-bibfile.bib
You've used 10 entries,
]]

So it seems to me that with a little bit more clue about BibTeX, it should be quite easy to change the style file you
use, either by using a more sophisticated predefined style file, or by writing your own BibTeX style. From inside
TeXmacs, the only thing you have to do is to change the 2nd parameter of the <bibliography> markup.