very disappointed

  • From: Luca <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: very disappointed
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:39:44 +0100

Today I had my first bad surprise after 2 years of daily use of TeXmacs.
I was working on a document since this morning with the auto-save option enabled and I saved it several times. Half an hour ago I finished it and decided to run a spell check befor printing it and texmacs crashed suddenly.
I was not so preocupied as I thought I just had to restart the spell check but when I opende again the file it was in this morning state with no sign of modification and the autosave file was the one of yesterday night.... So all the work lost.... Did anyone experienced this before?
I don't know what had happend since everything was looking normal before the crash.
Any hint on how to recover the file?
I think that a bug like this one should be absolutly eliminated... How can I track such situation?
It look like something veryu strange a full day saying that the document was saved without having write a single bit....
I hope we can figure out what happend
Luca Tagliacozzo

  • very disappointed, Luca, 01/31/2005