Re: [TeXmacs] Styles

  • From: Kris Kuhlman <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Styles
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:01:23 -0700

I want to use Chicago Manual of Style, 15th ed, author-date for references
and citations in conjunction with any of several possible journal or
publisher styles. Chicago 15th ed. style for books would be fine for now. I'd
be really surprised if a software supported by its user community, such as
TeXmacs had no such thing. Each new user would be reinventing the wheel.

References are handled by bibtex, and there are many styles out there, but that is not anything internal to TeXmacs. You can change what bibtex style file you use, by editing the bibliography tag, where you insert the bibliography. The second field is the style file name without the .bst extension. You can put the style files in your texmacs path or in the current working directory.

Personally, I haven't used too many fancy different bibliography styles, but I have seen that they do exist, and have tried some of them out briefly.

Kris

  • Styles, marsh, 03/09/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Styles, Kris Kuhlman, 03/09/2005