Re: [TeXmacs] Need to understand this better

  • From: Dan Martens <address@hidden>
  • To: Marshall Feldman <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Need to understand this better
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 23:03:23 -0500

TeXmacs is based on and uses the TeX system for font libraries and compilation. Because TeX is not standard on windows, only a few precompiled fonts are included with the windows distribution and the option is given to the user to download and install a Tex system for increased support.
To obtain full font support, you must have MikTeX installed. Once this is done, please set the environment variable TEX_HOME to the root of your MikTeX path, delete your .Texmacs directory and restart texmacs. This will give TeXmacs a large library of fonts to use.

Marshall Feldman wrote:

For my first use of WinTeXmacs – indeed of TeX itself – I am using it to write a book review. The document style closest to this purpose seems to be “article.” The journal I’m submitting this to typically begins each book review with a complete citation in which the book’s title is bold. I’ve been unsuccessful getting WinTeXmacs to highlight the book title in bold when the title is part of a large title. How does one do this?

Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Department of Community Planning and Landscape Architecture
The University of Rhode Island
310 Lippitt Hall
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
TEL. 401.874.5953