Re: [TeXmacs] File name doesn't change

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Dan Martens <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] File name doesn't change
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:13:25 +0100

Dan Martens wrote:

No, this behavior is identical to the Linux version, so it is by design.

Marshall Feldman wrote:

Using WinTeXmacs, if I open a new file in the buffer, type “Hello World,” and then try to save the file as “junk”, the status area of the window has the correct path to the new file. On the other hand, the name for the window does not change. Shouldn’t the window name change to reflect the file that’s open?

If you save your TeXmacs file as exactly "junk", the name for the window
doesn't change. But if you save your TeXmacs file as "junk.tm", then the
name of the window changes (that's what I just observed in the Linux version).

It should be noted that in the "Save" or in the "Save as" dialog, you *must*
explicitely write the suffix (.tm or .ts). If you choose a file name without
suffix (like in your "junk" example), then the data is either recorded as
text, or either a void file is created, and all your text silently forgotten (this
happens if you used markup in your buffer (and only if you choosed a filename
without suffix) ; this latter behaviour is another slight bug).