Re: [Texmacs-dev] keyboard shortcuts

  • From: Juan Pablo Romero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] keyboard shortcuts
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:37:07 -0600

> In my own TeXmacs, for example, the simple :
> [[
> (kbd-map ("'" (display "Hello\n")))
> (kbd-map ("`" (display "Hello\n")))
> ]]
>
> work very well.

I've already tried this, but they don't work over here.

I think the reason is this:

"kbd-windows.scm" contains the following definitions:

kbd-windows.scm: ("accent:acute" "A-'")
kbd-windows.scm: ("acute" "A-'")

and "kbd-math.scm":

("math '" (make-wide "<acute>"))

In fact, changing the above definition to:

("math '" (cursor-right))

in *kbd-math.scm* does the trick, but I'd rather not edit a system file.

It seems as if *some* local (i.e. in "my-init-texmacs.scm") changes to
keyboard mappings can't override corresponding system definitions.

Perhaps the problem is my total ignorance about keyboard mappings in
texmacs (module what I've manage to gather looking at keyboard/*).

¿Is there some kind of document explaining said issues in detail?

¿Or perhaps should I look at The Source?

Regards

Juan Pablo