Folding session output in document?

  • From: Thomas Adam <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Folding session output in document?
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:47:50 +0100

Hello all -

I've been playing around with texmacs -- the interface reminds me
slightly of that which is used with 'Maple'. It was this which lead me
to ask a question...

Is it possible to get Texmacs to essentially 'fold' the output with the
results hidden? For example, assume I use the 'gnuplot' session. I
might have something like this:

Gnuplot] plot(commands)

[graph]

Gnuplot]

What I'd like is for the graph to appear ONLY after I press enter on the
line to draw it. This works the first time around, but when I save and
reopen the document, the session and the results are automatically
generated, and I'd rather this did not happen. So what I'm really after
is something like this:

Gnuplot] plot(commands)

So that when I press enter on that line, a graph would appear.

This brings me onto ask the question about the difference between a
session and a varsession is. The varsession looks more 'pretty' than a
'session', but which one is meant to be used for which purpose? Are the
two interchangeable?

Thanks in advance,

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"

  • Folding session output in document?, Thomas Adam, 05/05/2005