Re: [TeXmacs] Using other styles ?

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: Alexis Piron <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Using other styles ?
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:34:22 +0200

Hello,

It would be useful if you were more concrete, since the interplay of
TeXmacs and LaTeX (=>MikTeX) is a frequent source of misunderstandings.
I will assume that you mean using LaTeX style files and packages.

Others may correct me if I am wrong, but I think the use that TeXmacs
makes of LaTeX is limited to some fonts and the BibTeX system for
bibliography generation. In particular, TeXmacs doesn't know of or use
packages or style files from LaTeX.

You are encouraged, nevertheless, to mimic the existing LaTeX styles and
packages in TeXmacs. There is abundant documentation under the Help
menu, which you can search by hitting 'F1'. You can also load the
existing TeXmacs style files and packages and look at their source by
choosing Document->View->Edit source tree. To see a particular package
file (say env-theorem, under Document->Add package->Environment) just
ask TeXmacs to open the file "env-theorem.ts".

HTH, Álvaro.