Mapping the Ins key

  • From: Álvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Mapping the Ins key
  • Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 17:50:23 +0200

Hello,

The two main sources of slowdown for me when typing mathematics in
TeXmacs are the multiplication sign (asterisk) and the exit environment
key (right cursor key). They are both too small keys for me.

To solve the first problem, I mapped the space key to multiplication,
and then Shift-space to insertion of a space. I would vividly advise to
make this the default behaviour, since I suspect that most people in
order to avoid making too much effort, just don't key in the
multiplication signs, making thus the mathematics unstructured and the
spacing too compressed.

But for the second problem I wanted to map the big Ins key in the
numeric keypad (KP_Insert, after xmodmap) to "exit out of environment".
I am however unable to find the name that TeXmacs uses for this key, in
order to write my mapping.

Does anybody know how does TeXmacs represent the "insert" key?

Cheers,

Álvaro.