Re: [TeXmacs] typing an arbitrary symbol from some font

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] typing an arbitrary symbol from some font
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:25:23 +0200

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 06:11:52PM -0400, Kostas Oikonomou wrote:

> Is it possible in TeXmacs to type from the keyboard an arbitrary symbol of
> some particular font? For example, by specifying its character code in
> decimal,
> octal, etc?

You may use C-q, like in emacs, and specify a numerical value (i.e. ASCII),
or the name of a mathematical character. However, you can not directly
select a precise TeX-font: we systematically determine the physical font
as a function of the logical font name, variant, shape, size, etc.
For the font layouts, see the files in the directory

$TEXMACS_PATH/fonts/enc/

Best wishes, Joris

  • Re: [TeXmacs] typing an arbitrary symbol from some font, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/18/2005