Re: [TeXmacs] problem inserting images

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] problem inserting images
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:28:02 +0200

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 06:25:16PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi, I hope I'm not asking something which is already in the archive but I
> haven't found anything similar.
>
> I'm using TeXmacs 1.0.5 (the last distribution) on a Linux Mandrake 10.0
> system but every time I try to insert an image (any format) the program ask
> me to select the image and then ends. Running it in a terminal gives me
> these messages after selecting the image:
>
> TeXmacs] With linked Imlib2 support
> X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
> operation)
> Major opcode of failed request: 53 (X_CreatePixmap)
> Value in failed request: 0x0
> Serial number of failed request: 31632
> Current serial number in output stream: 32898
>
> Does anybody have some ideas?
> Thank you in advance for your help

Yes, there seems to be a bug in Imlib2 when linking this library statically.
That is a pity, because image loading with Imlib2 is much faster than before.
However, people on the Imlib2 mailing list don't seem willing to help us
any further with this problem, so Imlib2 will probably be removed from
the next version of TeXmacs.

Best wishes, Joris

  • problem inserting images, giorghy, 07/18/2005
    • Re: [TeXmacs] problem inserting images, Joris van der Hoeven, 07/18/2005