Page numbering

  • From: Nick Alexander <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Page numbering
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 17:11:22 -0400

Hi all,

I am using TeXmacs to typeset a large document, consisting of about eight chapters. As is recommended, each chapter is a separate file included by a master, and all front-matter such as table of contents and bibliography are in the master. I would like my front-matter to be page numbered with roman italics, like i, ii, iii, iv, etc. The first page of the first chapter should be 1, then 2, 3, 4, etc. I have figured out how to assign the page-odd/even-footer to display roman italics, but I cannot make the table of contents respect my footer choices. Regardless of how I have the footer set, the table of contents displays only page-nr. Any suggestions? Hopefully someone has already packaged this up :)

Thanks,
Nick Alexander