Re: [TeXmacs] creating multiple lines in table cells

  • From: "Javier Arantegui Jimenez" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Kamaraju Kusumanchi" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] creating multiple lines in table cells
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:03:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I think that this question is frequent enough to be included in the FAQ
(with a better answer).

> How can I enter an "enter" character in a table cell so that I will
> have two lines in one table cell.

It's easy. While the cursor is in the cell, click on Table -> Special cell
properties -> Hyphenation -> Multi-paragraph. You can use the icon 'Set
special cell properties' -> Hyphenation -> Multiparagraph.

In case you wanted something more complex you can insert a nested table
inside a cell.

TeXmacs treatment of tables is quite powerful but no always obvious.

Javier