Re: [TeXmacs] creating multiple lines in table cells

  • From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] creating multiple lines in table cells
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 10:27:29 -0400

On 9/9/05, Javier Arantegui Jimenez <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think that this question is frequent enough to be included in the FAQ
> (with a better answer).
>
> > How can I enter an "enter" character in a table cell so that I will
> > have two lines in one table cell.
>
> It's easy. While the cursor is in the cell, click on Table -> Special cell
> properties -> Hyphenation -> Multi-paragraph. You can use the icon 'Set
> special cell properties' -> Hyphenation -> Multiparagraph.

Thanks Javier and Friedrich

Your solution worked beautifully. Regarding the FAQ I think that is a
good idea. But it would also be nice to add a better entry in the
index of Help -> Full manuals -> User manual. I looked under the table
entry and I did not think that hyphenation is what I have to look for.

> In case you wanted something more complex you can insert a nested table
> inside a cell.
>
> TeXmacs treatment of tables is quite powerful but no always obvious.

It is very powerful indeed. It is such a pain to do something like
this using latex. Texmacs is a very useful software.

raju