Re: [TeXmacs] emphasized text in article style

  • From: Ralf Juengling <address@hidden>
  • To: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] emphasized text in article style
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:57:00 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Andrey G. Grozin wrote:

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Ralf Juengling wrote:
I finally discovered that texmacs doesn't do italic text at all
(symbols in math environment are italic, but no text). Mark a
few words and do Format->Shape->Italic. The appearance doesn't
change. I just observed this with Texmacs 1.0.5.6, do others
observe the same?
This is a problem with fonts. I see similar things when I run TeXmacs as
an ordinary user: it starts to generate the necessary font, but cannot
write some generated file due to insufficient priviledges. To check this,
try running TeXmacs as root: everything will work fine. As yet, nobody
found how to fix this. TeX/LaTeX work fine on the same system, and
generate fonts (using metafont) without any problem.

Thanks!
I indeed run texmacs in an environment where I don't have root
privileges. Hm, why is it so difficult to fix?

I have never tried to build texmacs myself, but if installing
it into my home directory would fix the problem, then I would
try that. I'd appreciate to hear from other users what work
arounds have been found.

Cheers,
ralf