keyboard shortcut customization

  • From: Nachiketa Sahoo <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs Users List <address@hidden>
  • Subject: keyboard shortcut customization
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:15:30 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to customize the keyboard shortcuts for a more windows
like behaviour. I have the following text in the my-init-texmacs.scm
file

(kbd-map
("C-n" (new-buffer))
("C-o" (choose-file "Load file" "" 'load-buffer))
("C-s" (save-buffer))
("C-p" (preview-with-ghostview))
("C-w" (safely-kill-buffer))
("C-q" (safely-quit-TeXmacs))
("C-z" (undo))
("C-y" (redo))
("C-x" (clipboard-cut "primary"))
("C-c" (clipboard-copy "primary"))
("C-v" (clipboard-paste "primary")))

The problem is: it is not overriding the existing keyboard shortcuts
with these. Only if one of these shortcuts is available, then it's
taking effect. For instance C-z is doing undo, but, C-y is not doing
redo. It's doing the default TeXmacs action, i.e., paste the text from
clipboard to buffer.

Is there a way I can override the existing keyboard shortcuts with
these and leave the remaining of the existing shortcuts intact?

Thanks,
Nachi