Re: [TeXmacs] Table question

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Table question
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 22:21:37 +0200

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 02:36:06PM +0000, Matthew Gates wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to TeXmacs, so please exacuse me if this question is one of those
> ones people always ask when they didn't read the documentation properly...
>
> When I have a table with a lot of text in a cell, the table gets wider than
> the page. How can I get the text to wrap aound inside the cell once the
> table gets to the page width?
>
> I tried to set the cell width using the command M-t h w [some number].
> This does seem to resize the cell width, but the text simply continues
> through the border of the cell and off the edge of the page...

Table -> Special cell properties -> Hyphenation

In this menu, the "Multiparagraph" item allows you to create multi-paragraph
cells.
The hyphenation items will force contents to be hyphenated when they exceed
the width of the cell. You probably will need to set the width too.

Table -> Special table properties -> Use paragraph width

may be useful in combination with this.

Best wishes, Joris