Re: [TeXmacs] figure number in list of figures

  • From: Kris Kuhlman <address@hidden>
  • To: Javier Arantegui <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] figure number in list of figures
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 11:14:57 -0700

Javier Arantegui wrote:
That should do it. The hack should be quite autoexplanatory and easy to modify.

Javier

so thanks so much for the help, I have been working with a smaller "test" document, for trying to figure this out and it works fine there. (the actual dissertation is far too slow to experiment around with in TeXmacs).

When I put this into my dissertation style file, and use open up the dissertation, there are some issues.

First the list of tables now starts from the last figure number, and also says "Figure #" at the beginning of each table in the list of tables.

Secondly, this is a multi-chapter document, and the figures (and tables) are numbered 2.5, 7.3, etc., which is not reflected in the list of tables.

I know the figures and tables are treated equally in TeXmacs, I previously had to write some conditional style file stuff earlier to put the caption above the tables and below the figures. Do I also need to put in some conditional expressions to determine whether something increments the figure or table counter?

looking through the files section-base.ts and std-automatic.ts, I have a hard time figuring out how the table of contents accomplishes this "chapter.number" kind of numbering.

Thanks so much for your help so far! Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.

Kris