Scheme string to tm tree conversion

  • From: Lionel Elie Mamane <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Scheme string to tm tree conversion
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:35:26 +0100

Hi,

What is the scheme function foo such that (foo s) is the TeXmacs tree
(document snippet) whose rendering is s? I tried string->tree, but
this _interprets_ the string. verbatim->tree doesn't do what I want
either. I grepped the source for "string->" and "->tree" without
success.

In particular:

- (foo "<gtr>") is the tree whose .tm serialisation is:
\<less\>gtr\<gtr\> .

I tried to follow _what_ the menu entry "Edit / paste from / verbatim"
does because that's what I want, but I get lost in the code that
builds that menu.

Thanks for your help,

--
Lionel