Re: [TeXmacs] setting paperstyle in seminar

  • From: "Kamaraju Kusumanchi" <address@hidden>
  • To: "Javier Arantegui" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] setting paperstyle in seminar
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:12:49 -0500

On 3/27/06, Javier Arantegui <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> El Domingo, 26 de Marzo de 2006 17:17, Kamaraju Kusumanchi escribió:
> > I am making a presentation in seminar and I am planning to export
> > it into a pdf at the end and show it using acrobat reader. However,
> > the problem is that, when I export to pdf, it is very narrow in the
> > sense the size is 8.26x11.69 . Due to this there is a lot of empty
> > space (on the left and right sides) when I show it on the projector
> > screen. However, If I make a presentation using power point, the
> > aspect ratio of the .ppt is set to 4x3 and the presentation is
> > occupying the full screen.
>
> Why don't you use a customized paper size (Document -> Page -> Other)? You
> could use 12x9, that is 4x3 format.

I was planning to export the .tm file to .pdf file. Even if I change
the paper size to 12x9 in .tm file, when I export it to pdf, it still
is 8.26x11.69 . So the above solution does not work for me.

For people reading the archives, I got around by choosing Document ->
Page -> Orientation -> Landscape mode instead of protrait mode without
changing anything else. Then the final exported pdf file looks very
good on the projector.

regards
raju

--