TeXmacs/maxima interface

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Kostas Oikonomou <address@hidden>
  • Subject: TeXmacs/maxima interface
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 22:43:10 +0700 (NOVST)

Hello *,

A bug in maxima tex() function was recently observed by Kostas Oikonomou.
It is in mactex.lisp, in the function tex-mexpt. It should (and, I hope, will) be fixed in maxima. However, this does not help TeXmacs users, because the TeXmacs/maxima interface has its own copy of tex-mexpt.

Everybody who runs maxima-5.9.3 (or 5.9.2) from TeXmacs are advised to replace 3 files in TeXmacs by the attached files. I hope they will be in the next version of TeXmacs, when Joris will have some time to release one.

This does not apply to those poor souls who run TeXmacs/maxima under Windows. In this OS, only an (incomplete) interface to maxima-5.9.1 is available (many thanks to the author of WinTeXmacs!). I urge somebody in the community of Windows users to invest some time and efforts to port the interface to maxima-5.9.3 (or .2 - no difference) to Windows. All users of TeXmacs/maxima under Windows will be grateful to such a person.

Andrey

  • TeXmacs/maxima interface, Andrey G. Grozin, 04/17/2006