small problem with initial 'about texmacs' help

  • From: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: small problem with initial 'about texmacs' help
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 08:47:15 +0200

I have a small problem with the 'about texmacs' help that pops up the first time you use a new version of TeXmacs.
I set up a short script for users (who are not so familiar with texmacs or unix), to go to a certain directory, and then open texmacs. Then they can simply click 'load file', and load a file from that directory.
The problem is that if they open texmacs for the first time, 'about texmacs' opens. If you then click on 'load file', you are in a strange directory (the one containing the 'about texmacs' document), and if you click 'close buffer' texmacs exists (because that was the only buffer open)
I think that if texmacs opens the 'about texmacs' document at the start, it should also open a blank document (or whatever else it was supposed to) in addition, so that it does not exit on 'close buffer'.
I also think that it would be good if 'load file' would open in the directory texmacs was started from in this case, and not the directory containing the documentations.