Re: [TeXmacs] small problem with initial 'about texmacs' help

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Michael Lachmann <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] small problem with initial 'about texmacs' help
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:41:38 +0200

Michael Lachmann wrote:

I have a small problem with the 'about texmacs' help that pops up the first time you use a new version of TeXmacs.
I set up a short script for users (who are not so familiar with texmacs or unix), to go to a certain directory, and then open texmacs. Then they can simply click 'load file', and load a file from that directory.
The problem is that if they open texmacs for the first time, 'about texmacs' opens.

You can probably hack around this by means of copying a full .TeXmacs
directory in the home dir of your users before they first start TeXmacs.

The nonexistence of a .TeXmacs directory is precisely what triggers
in the home dir of your users should be stripped out of all the
user-specific information : create one in your directory, then
grep recursively the files that contain your user name, and remove
all these files. Then this user-specific stripped .TeXmacs becomes
the one you can use for initializing the .TeXmacs of your users.

You could write a global script for running TeXmacs approximately this way :
<<
#!/bin/bash
if [-f ~/.TeXmacs]; # if ~/.TeXmacs doesn't exist ; I'm not sure about the bash
# syntax, spaces, shoul we use -f or -x, etc., so check this.
cp -r /home/smith/dot_TeXmacs ~/.TeXmacs
fi
texmacs.orig $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9 $10

Best, Henri