Re: TeXmacs under W2K

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs under W2K
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:26:48 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Hi
Thank you for the fast response, I've installed XP professional with the latest fixes. Before installing I checked the MD5 and it was OK. Next what I will try (this evening), is uninstalling, then installing Cygwin and installing wintexmacs again.

The wintexmacs version of TeXmacs is native. It means that you
should definitely not need Cygwin to make it running. This is
perhaps even the cause of your problem, if you had Cygwin installed
when you tried running wintexmacs in the 1st place.

I would suggest that you uninstall Cygwin, then install wintexmacs,
but **without** cygwin installed. Then things will perhaps go
better (although I'm not 100% sure).