Re: [TeXmacs] Re: TeXmacs under W2K

  • From: "Jack Zhang" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: TeXmacs under W2K
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 18:24:36 +0100

Due to my several times of install and uninstall experiences of Wintexamcs, Can I share some experience with you helping to relax Henri in such kind of question.

Bascially, WinTexmacs does not need any support for Cywin, I suggest to remove this confused information from the Windows download page. What you need are two application, Miktex and Texmacs for Windows. Bear in mind, the order of installation and uninstallation are extremely important.

First, we have a look of installation.

Before you do anything about the installation, please check you have download miktex and texmacs, at the meantime, check the folder names documents and settings under the primary root folder, remove all things under folder .Texmacs if you have an old installation of Wintexamcs. This is a bug of windows version because it does not do full cleaning work when you choose uninstall from windows.

Now you can install Miktek first, just confirm all defaults setting and confirm to finish.

Last step is to install Wintexmacs, then confirm it search the auto path for yourself.

Sometimes, you might find under windows version, some commands are not valid under the menu, but they are working under command mode. That is the area in which windows developer need to do some work in the future.

One reminder for uninstallation is not forget to remove the .Texamcs under Documents and Settings.

Hopefully the above will be helpful to you.

Good luck

Jack

On 4/29/06, Henri Lesourd <address@hidden> wrote:
address@hidden wrote:

>Hi
>Thank you for the fast response, I've installed XP professional with the latest fixes. Before
>installing I checked the MD5 and it was OK. Next what I will try (this evening), is uninstalling,
>then installing Cygwin and installing wintexmacs again.

The wintexmacs version of TeXmacs is native. It means that you
should definitely not need Cygwin to make it running. This is
perhaps even the cause of your problem, if you had Cygwin installed
when you tried running wintexmacs in the 1st place.

I would suggest that you uninstall Cygwin, then install wintexmacs,
but **without** cygwin installed. Then things will perhaps go
better (although I'm not 100% sure).

--
The information contained in this communication (including any attachments)

  • Re: TeXmacs under W2K, Henri Lesourd, 04/29/2006
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Re: TeXmacs under W2K, Jack Zhang, 04/29/2006