Re: An error in using TeXmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Chris Ryan <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: An error in using TeXmacs
  • Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 21:43:28 +0200

Chris Ryan wrote:

Hi there,

I downloaded TeXmacs via fink for my MAC OSX machine. I have the following error when I try to run it:

Fatal error: I failed to connect to Xserver in 'x_display_rep::x_display_rep'

If you could give me any advice on how to deal with this error that would be very helpful. I am not that familar with working with this kind of stuff so detailed instructions might be helpful, if possible.

This is a usual Mac OSX error : your X-Windows server must
be correctly installed and running. Look in the archives of
the mailing list for more detailed answers (by the way, I'm
not a Mac user myself, but I saw several times people discussing
similar problems).

Best, Henri

  • Re: An error in using TeXmacs, Henri Lesourd, 10/09/2006