Strange page breaks

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Strange page breaks
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:33:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hello all,

I am new to Texmacs and seem to be picking it up okay. However, I am having
some problems getting pages to break as one might like them to. An example of
my difficulty is illustrated in the following image:

http://img140.imageshack.us/my.php?image=texmacskz8.jpg

Despite the fact that there is about 15cm of clear space left at the bottom
of page 1, the page has been broken. This also happens at other instances in
the document.

If I put a manual page break in about half-way down the second page then the
first half of the stuff on page2 goes back onto page 1, where it should be,
but having to manually insert page breaks in this fashion is clearly far from
ideal.

I have the page-breaking algorithm set to 'professional' and flexibility set
to 1.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Greg

  • Strange page breaks, greg . taylor, 10/20/2006