Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs hangs in graphics mode

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs hangs in graphics mode
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 12:32:40 +0100

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

The attached .tm file is part of a drawing that I made long back in texmacs. Now when I try to edit it in Debian testing (Etch) using 1.0.6.6 version of texmacs, the whole texmacs window is hanging.

The exact steps to reproduce the bug are

$texmacs texmacs_graphics_bug_20061122.tm

click on the graphic
move the cursor to one of the "curvy lines"
Then texmacs seems to be hanging...

Is this a bug? I can report it if someone confirms that they can reproduce it. If this is not a bug, please let me know how I can overcome this problem.

This is definitely a bug, due to some remaining weaknesses in the
graphics rendering engine. I can reproduce it, and there is currently
no way to obviate it, except using less points in your polylines (you
can usually do this by means of using splines instead of lines). I will
probably investigate this problem in the next weeks.

Best, Henri