Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs hangs in graphics mode

  • From: Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs hangs in graphics mode
  • Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:46:23 -0500

> >Is this a bug? I can report it if someone confirms that they can reproduce
> > it. If this is not a bug, please let me know how I can overcome this
> > problem.
>
> This is definitely a bug, due to some remaining weaknesses in the
> graphics rendering engine. I can reproduce it, and there is currently
> no way to obviate it, except using less points in your polylines (you
> can usually do this by means of using splines instead of lines). I will
> probably investigate this problem in the next weeks.

Thanks for confirming the bug. Just so the maintainers wont forget it, I
reported it as https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?18363 .

When I was drawing those curves, I remember having used the splines. But that
did not work because, I want the curves to be drawn in a certain fashion
(with straight lines at some points, kinks at other points etc.,). Adding a
point at the end of a spline changes the whole spine curve. Whereas adding
a 'line point' does not change the rest of the curve...

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/