Page counting

  • From: Andrey Ryabushenko <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Page counting
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 18:06:19 +0200

Hi, folks!
Is there a way to count the number of pages a specific chapter has? I need to
put the number of pages on the first page of every chapter. This required
standard of thesis writing in my country.

As far as I can see, I need to postpone the macros execution somehow until
the
last page of chapter is reached and the pass back the value? But it is
simply my suspects, after all. Does someone has any idea how to make this?

Also I have to put it in very special place on the page, but I do not how to
put text on arbitrary place. It seems that there are some macros for this
,like superpose, but they are not documented and do not know how to use them.
Could please someone show me how to use them?

Thanks a lot