Re: [TeXmacs] Page counting

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Page counting
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 21:59:51 +0100

On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 06:06:19PM +0200, Andrey Ryabushenko wrote:
> Hi, folks!
> Is there a way to count the number of pages a specific chapter has? I need
> put the number of pages on the first page of every chapter. This required
> standard of thesis writing in my country.
>
> As far as I can see, I need to postpone the macros execution somehow until
> the
> last page of chapter is reached and the pass back the value? But it is
> simply my suspects, after all. Does someone has any idea how to make this?

One simple, although somewhat manual, way to do this is to create
two labels at the start and the end of each chapter and then use
the "pageref" primitive.

> Also I have to put it in very special place on the page, but I do not how
> put text on arbitrary place. It seems that there are some macros for this
> ,like superpose, but they are not documented and do not know how to use
> them.
> Could please someone show me how to use them?

Usually, a customized header or footer will do.
If you need to offset them in a non-standard way,
then you may consider using the "move" primitive
inside the markup for your page header/footer.

Best wishes, Joris

  • Page counting, Andrey Ryabushenko, 02/05/2007
    • Re: [TeXmacs] Page counting, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/05/2007