Maxima

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Maxima
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 09:11:24 -0500

Hello everybody !

 - First : thank you for my last questions ; now everything is fine with my documents (labels, references, BIB, etc.)

 - Second : i have downloaded Maxima and i have tried it. I used to work with Maple in the past and i must say that i am happy with Maxima, so : all the maple users, you can download Maxima !

- but... i can't open a session into the tm document, so...

When i ask for a session, TexMacs proposes "Shell", "Scheme", "other". I click on "other" and Texmacs asks for the name. So i write "maxima" [return]. Then "name of the session" : i answer "whatever"[return] and then i have a nice

maxima]

but it does not work. I tried simple things like

maxima] 2+3;  [return]

(->error message, like "we dont know what is maxima")

How can i "plug" Maxima into Texmacs ?

Thank you,

Richard Gomez