Re: [TeXmacs] eqnarrays and postscript

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: Alan Freed <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] eqnarrays and postscript
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:05:36 +0100

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:20:26AM -0500, Alan Freed wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to TeXmacs, but am a long time user of LaTeX. I still find it
> easier to code in LaTeX, as I know the language cold, but my coauthors
> want an editor that is more in tune with yours, so it is a good working
> compromise. I am slowly getting the hang of your menus:-)
>
> First of all, I am running TeXmacs 1.0.6 under Ubuntu 6.06.1.
>
> Bug:
> When I label an eqnarray made from Insert -> Mathematic -> Equations and
> then reference it later in the document, the equation number listed is
> the one just prior to the desired equation number.

Labels for formulas in equation*s* have to be put *after* the equation
numbers.

> Questions:
> How can I change the size of an eps image in a figure?

Put your cursor right behind the image and press backspace. You will
see the name of the image, followed by six other fields. The two fields after
the name of the image are respectively its width and its height. You may for
instance set the width to 5cm and the height to 27mm.
When leaving the width open, it will automatically be determined as a
function of the height (and vice versa). When leaving both fields open, the
image will be reproduced at its original size. Notice that a width of 1par
will span your image over the paragraph width.

> It currently codes as <postscript|fileName.eps||||||>. Any attempt in
> putting
> a size into the first two slots after the file name produce an error.

Strange...

> Can I rotate an eps image in a figure?

No, you have to do this using an external tool.

> Should I be importing a different image type instead of eps?

In principle, no.

Best wishes, Joris

  • eqnarrays and postscript, Alan Freed, 02/27/2007
    • Re: [TeXmacs] eqnarrays and postscript, Joris van der Hoeven, 02/27/2007