Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Re: rendering of default primitives

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Re: rendering of default primitives
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 14:44:39 +0100

address@hidden wrote:

So, I put these lines in the preamble of a document:

<assign|orig-reference|<value|reference>>
<assign|reference|<macro|<arg|body>|(<orig-reference|<arg|body>>)>>

but nothing happens..
What am I doing wrong??

I had a look at drd_std.cpp, line 286, and I discovered
the instruction :
<<
init (REFERENCE, "reference", fixed (1));

Therefore, it seems that as a matter of fact, "reference"
is hardwired in the C++. To my knowledge, there is
no way to redefine markup, when it is that way...

Allowing this would be an useful improvement
of the macro-expansion interpreter. By the way,
you are not the first one to raise this problem, I
heard about this several times before.