Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Re: rendering of default primitives

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Re: Re: rendering of default primitives
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 16:19:34 +0100

hadar wrote:

Henri Lesourd wrote:

So, I put these lines in the preamble of a document:

<assign|orig-reference|<value|reference>>
<assign|reference|<macro|<arg|body>|(<orig-reference|<arg|body>>)>>

but nothing happens..
What am I doing wrong??

I had a look at drd_std.cpp, line 286, and I discovered
the instruction :
<<
init (REFERENCE, "reference", fixed (1));

Therefore, it seems that as a matter of fact, "reference"
is hardwired in the C++. To my knowledge, there is
no way to redefine markup, when it is that way...

Allowing this would be an useful improvement
of the macro-expansion interpreter. By the way,
you are not the first one to raise this problem, I
heard about this several times before.

OK, when I put this line in the preamble:

<assign|reff|<macro|<arg|body>|(<reference|<arg|body>>)>>

and then use <reff|....> in the document, all I get is (?). Any reason why this doesn't work?

This should work, or perhaps you didn't updated the document.

But it is also possible that the update mechanism of the document
is implemented to work only if <reference|...> appears at the
level 0 (i.e., is not the result of the macro expansion). It is
even probably the case that it is like that.

But I'm pretty sure there are other ways to parametrize the
behaviour of things like <reference|...>, I remember related
things have been discussed on the mailing list before.