Page numbers

  • From: Todd Wilson <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Page numbers
  • Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:02:27 -0400

I'm writing a document using the "article" style. When I export the document, the result has a page number on the first page, but no page numbers after that. I couldn't find any information in the documentations about setting the "page style" (cf., LaTeX's \pagestyle macro). What I did find led me to try

1. Creating a preamble for the document and adding <simple-page> to it, which didn't have the desired effect.

2. Selecting Insert -> Page numbering -> Page number text from the menu, which inserts a <set-page-number-macro|> into the document, about which I couldn't find any documentation, so I didn't know what to provide as an argument.

So, what do I need to do to get page numbers, as well as to customize how they appear (header-right, footer-centered, roman/arabic, etc.)?

Todd Wilson