Template for (simple) CD booklet

  • From: Benno Dielmann <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Template for (simple) CD booklet
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 14:30:23 +0200

It's sunday, first of April, the sun is shining through my window and I'm in
good spirits... So I think it's time to share the good temper with the
(TeXmacs) world and share a template for CD booklets I'm using for quite some
time :-)

It's a very simple two-page booklet. No fancy stuff, but due to TeXmacs'
typesetting excellence it looks nicely.

The two-page layout is done using a table with fixed width and height so if
you print it, it will be the exact size needed for CD cases. But beware:
TeXmacs doesn't respect table height very well. If the contents of one of the
table cells gets too big, the table grows and won't fit any more into the CD
case.
Since the table growing isn't quite visible, I added a little mark at the
bottom of the page which gets pushed to a second page as soon as the table
starts growing. So if TeXmacs adds a second page to the document while you're
editing the booklet, you know that the content won't fit in your booklet.

At the top of the page there is a flag "Preamble". If you toggle on
Document->View->Edit source tree, you'll see that right before the flag I
defined a macro called "track" for the boxed track numbers. It's almost the
same as "box", with slightly customized padding. After the macro, I set font
family to ss (Sans serif). If you prefer roman, just remove this.

The track lines are tables without borders for nice aligning of the durations
and so on.

Well, that's it, enjoy and don't hesitate to tell me if you like it or why
you
don't like it ;-).

Have a nice sunday,

Benno.

  • Template for (simple) CD booklet, Benno Dielmann, 04/01/2007