Re: [TeXmacs] Changing F9-F12 keys for presentation mode

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Changing F9-F12 keys for presentation mode
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:47:23 +0200

Philip Welch wrote:

I should like to change the F9-F12 keys to arrow keys for a presentation in texmacs.
I have a wireless remote with the up/down arrow keys, but not for the F's.

How can I do this please? Or any other suggestions? I am told remapping
the keys is not so simple (I use texmacs 1.0.6 on cygwin on Windows XP.)

With best wishes,

Philip Welch

Have a look at:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/aTeXmacsTutorial.pdf

for an explanation about various quite useful things in TeXmacs,
including how to write and install a TeXmacs plugin with Scheme.

You can download the 'example1' plugin from:
http://www.ags.uni-sb.de/~henri/texmacs/example1.tar

, this plugin contains the programming for the 2 keyboard
shortcuts Ctrl-I and Ctrl-U by means of (kbd-map)s.

You can adapt this plugin for your needs (i.e., remove everything
except the (kbd-map)s in the init function). You only need to know
the names of the keys "F-xx", they can be seen (for example) in:
http://www.texmacs.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/TeXmacs/progs/dynamic/fold-kbd.scm?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Hope it helps. Any other question welcomed.

Best, Henri