Re: [TeXmacs] How to have TeXmacs run only one instance ?

  • From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] How to have TeXmacs run only one instance ?
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:00:52 -0400

Henri Lesourd wrote:

> Nicolas Girard wrote:
>
>>Sorry if I wasn't clear enough ; specifically, in any linux distribution,
>>file managers associate ".tm" files to the "texmacs" program so that
>>TeXmacs is executed once you have clicked on a ".tm" file. How to avoid
>>several TeXmacs instances to be run when the user wants to display several
>>files by opening them via its file manager ?
>>

> There is currently no way to do exactly this, it is a feature
> waiting to be implemented :-(.

If there are plans to implement this, I would like to suggest to the
developers to take a look at the latest vim (> 7.0). They have implemented
a tab feature (similar to firefox's tabs) inside vim and it is just
awesome! Multiple files can be opened inside the same vim session and can
be traversed using ctrl-pagedown, ctrl-pageup etc.,

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/