finding a role for TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: finding a role for TeXmacs
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 21:40:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I really like the look of TeXmacs but am unsure of the best way to put it to
use in my routine. My field is philosophy, so my articles may contain logical
symbols, general arguments, definitions, etc.

I am an avid user of FreeMind
(http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page) to create
structured documents - in the sense of highly structured content that is
later converted into a document. I have defined physical styles for such
categories as
title, section, subsection, quotation, etc.

This approach is very effective as I have granular control over my work and a
strong visual element that aids organization. But then, I convert my document
and no real structure remains. I can see the structure visually but the
document itself contains none, which is a shame.

Does anyone have any opinions on integrating TeXmacs into this process?
FreeMind exports HTML and TeXmacs imports it, but again, the structure is not
maintained in any meaningful may. Any opinions on using the two tools
together?

Thanks,

Ryan