Re: [TeXmacs] finding a role for TeXmacs

  • From: address@hidden
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] finding a role for TeXmacs
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 11:49:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hello Joris,

Thanks for your reply. I believe FreeMind's file format is XML, and it
evolves slightly from version to version. There are XSLT and Ruby scripts for
conversion to LaTex. Some are included in FreeMind's accessories folder,
some (possibly not the same ones) are here:

http://freemind.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Accessories

I'm personally not familiar with LaTex, and with this method only basic
structure appears in TeXmacs. What is interesting about FreeMind is that you
can assign attributes to nodes, and define filters and styles. I think these
features would help when exporting to TeXmacs. The two tools could work
together wonderfully. I will send you a sample map if you are interested? No
problems if you are too busy though.

All the best,

Ryan