Re: [TeXmacs] finding a role for TeXmacs

  • From: Bas Spitters <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] finding a role for TeXmacs
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:44:30 +0200

I have experimented with the following way of making outlines for my papers.

Use folds for sections/subsections/.... Write the header in first part of the
fold and the content of the section in the second part. When writing I only
unfold the parts that I am working on. The same thing can be done with
theorems and proofs.

This is probably not exactly what you are asking for, but might be a step in
the right direction.

One of the very strong points of texmacs is that `everything is a tree'.
However, this has not been applied to sections or proofs. I guess this is due
to the latex heritage. I could imagine this it would be good it change this
in future versions of texmacs.

Bas