Re: macaulay 2 in texmacs

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: "Rogers, Mark W" <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: macaulay 2 in texmacs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:13:54 +0100

Rogers, Mark W wrote:

(I don't think I'm root.)

Then you must run :
[[
./configure --prefix={The directory where you want to install TeXmacs}
]]

, otherwise, 'make install' will not work.

Next, cvs complained that there is no CVSROOT specified, and suggested I set
the CVSROOT environment variable. I looked online to find out more about
this, but I was quickly overwhelmed. I figured you could probably tell me a
safe, easy way to correct this situation. I have never used cvs before.

I forgot this one. The value of CVSROOT should be :
[[
CVSROOT=:pserver:address@hidden:/texmacs
]]

Thus (if you are a bash user), in your .bashrc, you could add the following
two lines :
[[
CVSROOT=':pserver:address@hidden:/texmacs'
export CVSROOT
]]

, and similar lines in the appropriate "rc" file if
you use another shell.

---
Another (perhaps easier way) is to pass the value
directly as a parameter of 'cvs login', like this:
[[
cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/texmacs login
]]

I found it interesting that nowhere in your cvs instructions to the os did you use the
term "texmacs". I suppose this cvs command is doing something comprehensive.

Yes, it's the CVSROOT variable or the '-d' parameter which carries on
this information...