Re: [TeXmacs] compiling under gutsy

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] compiling under gutsy
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:10:25 +0100

Clinton Winant wrote:

Has anyone compiled texmacs under ubuntu gutsy (7.10) I cant seeem to
get all the packages that are required,

That's a 'configure' problem, then. Or not (?).

What are the missing packages ? And what do you
mean when you say "to get", is it that fetching
the packages is fully automated in gutsy ?

Anyway, there are 2 possible causes to your
problem, either the packages are not here and
you must install them, or either the packages
are here and the './configure' command cannot
see them (more annoying, but it would be useful
for us to get more info on that, in this case).

also it seems "make" needs
special tuning??

Which tuning exactly ?

The one I know is if you are not root, use
the "./configure --prefix=DIR" to tell the
makefile to install in the directory DIR,
instead in the predefined (root-owned)
location on the disk.