Re: [TeXmacs] Compiling under gutsy

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Compiling under gutsy
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:32:24 +0100

Clinton Winant wrote:

With your help, I have now compiled 1.0.6.12

The issue was that Synaptic gives you a choice between several g++
compilers, I had selected g++-4.2 and ./configure did not like it. When
I replaced it with g++-4.1 all problems disappeared.

Yes, there are issues with the version of gcc,
but we can't do a lot about that, each time they
release a pre-alpha version, half of their regression
tests seem to be broken ;-(, then fixed again a
little bit later...

Can anyone briefly explain what guile does?

It's an internal programming language inside TeXmacs
which allows to write programs and run them directly
inside TeXmacs (i.e., without the need of a compiler,
thus e.g., you can type your commands and run them
immediately inside TeXmacs, without having to exit,
recompile, then run TeXmacs again).