Replacing text in mathematical context

  • From: Marc Mertens <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Replacing text in mathematical context
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:14:33 +0100

Hello,

Assume that you have pressed shift-$ to go to mathmode and have typed a
mixture of text and formulas before leaving the math mode. Is there a easy
way to replace the text between the formulas with text that is outside the
mathmode (other then pressing alt-shift-$ and retyping the text).

I hope the question is clear, I have mixed a lot of text and formulas in
mathmode until I discovered that the layout is much better if only formulas
are in mathmode. So it would be a real bonus if there is a easy way of
solving this.

Thanks a lot in advance, and also thanks for the best math editor I have ever
encountered.

Marc Mertens