Re: [TeXmacs] Using another font as math calligraphic

  • From: Enrique Perez-Terron <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Using another font as math calligraphic
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 22:34:15 +0100

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 13:23 +0100, Joris van der Hoeven wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 10:42:37AM +0100, Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:
> > Is it possible to configure what font is used for F7-letter in math
> > mode?
[snip]
> > What controls the selection of fonts available in the Format->Name
> > menu?
[snip]
> What about
>
> Format -> (Font) Name -> Calligraphic
I can't find any such choice..

OOH! I just found that the font menu changes when in math mode!

The math-mode Format->(Font)Name->Calligraphic->Ralph Smith's is just
what I wanted.

(Only a minor issue: I wish I did not have to right-arrow out of the
font, since I only want one char from this font each time. Perhaps I can
create a macro...)

> Or did you have some other fonts in mind? You may redefine (as described
> in the documentation) keyboard shortcuts in your my-init-texmacs.scm file.

Well, apart from the discovery above, I had another font in mind, but
redefining keyboard shortcuts only gives (easier) access to fonts
already accessible in Format->(Font)Name->*.

The file /usr/share/fonts/English_.ttf does show up in e.g., oowriter,
but nowhere in Texmacs (?). Do I have to prepare some .tfm file? Where
would I have to place it? etc.

Regards