Re: [TeXmacs] Czech háček isn't working

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Czech háček isn't working
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 23:46:21 +0200

Benno Dielmann wrote:

Hi all,
since some versions of TeXmacs (about 1.0.6.10 or so), the czech háček (the decoration above the "c" of háček) isn't working any more. While it shows up well with the predefined keys (I don't know how they are called correctly - they are where the number keys are on english keyboard layouts), it doesn't work when added "manually" to characters. This should work like adding an acute to a character (e.g. "é") - you press the acute key, then the letter you want the decoration added to. Háček is actually Shift+Acute.
Well, it does nothing in recent Texmacs versions while it works in other applications on my Kde desktop. Is this a bug or just some missing configuration setting?

It's very probably (although I'm not 100% sure) some
missing configuration setting in the (kbd-map) init
statements. How to imput the Hacek was probably working
correctly for some random reason before (i.e., TeXmacs
was not interfering with how KDE allows you to perform
the input).

Probably if you mimic the (kbd-map) for acute, you will
be able to devise a way to input the Hacek.