Re: [TeXmacs] Dependencies to insert SVG graphics?

  • From: Martin Costabel <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Dependencies to insert SVG graphics?
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 13:18:17 +0200

Henri Lesourd wrote:

Javier Arantegui wrote:

Hi!

I have a TeXmacs document with a linked SVG figure. In my PC box (Kubuntu 8.4, TeXmacs 1.0.6.15) I can view the figure without any problem. But, if I try to edit that document in my Mac (Leopard 10.5.5, texmacs 1.0.6.15-4 installed using fink) an square with a red cross appears instead of the figure. I think that the problem is a missing dependecy. What dependencies are needed to instert an SVG graphic in TeXmacs?

To my knowledge, there is no SVG support built-in inside TeXmacs.

From what I just observed while looking at the behavior of texmacs:

If you have an executable 'rsvg' in your PATH, texmacs recognizes the extension .svg and uses rsvg to transform svg images to png and then to postscript (this was on "insert image"). From reading progs/convert/images/init-images.scm, I guess it would also recognize an 'inkscape' executable and use it to convert svg images.

--
Martin