Re: [TeXmacs] Continue enumeration

  • From: "Alfe (vid,smtp1)" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Continue enumeration
  • Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 13:22:05 +0200

Hi, Enrique, everybody,

Enrique Perez-Terron wrote:

> How can I create an enumeration that continues the previous enumeration,
> like this:
>
> 1. Section title
> Some points blah bla:
> 1. good
> 2. bad
>
> 2. Another section
> Further points:
> 3. questionable
> 4. perfect

I'd be interested in any answer to this question as well (so please post it
on the list!). I also think I asked this once before and got no helpful
answer, so I guess there is no solution (yet) for this.

I've got two design ideas on how to implement this:

1) You can start a numeration with an explicitly given number (or letter, for
lettered lists). This would be an easy addition to the existing syntax and
would make lists more powerful in general but of course does not help in
keeping the lists accurate in case the first (unfinished) list is extended
later on.

2) Name lists with a symbolic name. If then later such a name is reused, the
numbering can continue at the former point. The writer of the document then
would need to choose proper names.

Regards,

Alfe

Alexander Fetke
Software Engineer

Testing Technologies IST GmbH
Michaelkirchstraße 17/18
10179 Berlin, Germany

Phone +49 30 726 19 19 24 Email address@hidden
Fax +49 30 726 19 19 20 Internet www.testingtech.com

UPCOMING EVENTS!

October 15, Free Webinar "TTCN-3 for Test Automation"
www.testingtech.com/services/ttcn3_webinar.php

October 27-29, TTCN-3 Tutorial, Berlin (Germany)
"Theory and Practice of TTCN-3"
www.testingtech.com/services/ttcn3_tutorial.php

October 28-29, VoIP Germany, Frankfurt (on the Main)
www.voipgermany.de/

Geschäftsführung: Theofanis Vassiliou-Gioles, Stephan Pietsch
Handelsregister HRB 77805, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Ust ID Nr.: DE 813 143 070